Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Great Outdoors

I went on my first walk today with Mommy and Daddy. The weather here in the South has been miserable, there has been more rain, snow and cold weather than typical. I mean really we're in the south- we shouldn't get over 12" of snow! Well today the weather was WONDERFUL! It was sunny and warm -this is the kind of weather I'm talking about! Since the weather was so nice Mommy and I decided that when Daddy got home from school we would take our first family walk.

We loaded up into Mommy's car with my stroller, a change of clothes, diapers,water, passies, toys, the camera and Stella Dog. Yes, we could have packed the kitchen sink but unhooking the plumbing takes too long. Mommy used to just throw Stella Dog in the car and head to the trail, now that I'm here it takes a bit of planning to head out the door.
:)

I'm not sure who was more excited to take a walk, me or Stella Dog, but we sure were happy to be getting out of the house. Mommy, Daddy and I headed to the local walking trail and took a 100 mile walk, it was closer to 3 miles, but it felt like a 100. I enjoyed it for the most part, but near the end I realized that I hadn't taken an afternoon nap and got quite sleepy and grumpy.

I also discovered a fantastic new thing during our walk- the straps on my stroller! They taste like chocolate~ well I'm sure that's what chocolate must taste like since Mommy noms on chocolate like I nom my stroller.
Mommy and I are going to be making walks a common occurrence around here and we are both happy that spring is around the corner. Mommy has told me that the grass will be green, there will be leaves on the trees, flowers will start blooming and it will be warm and sunny most days!-I think I'm going to really enjoy this whole warm weather/spring thing.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad y'all got to go for a walk! That is one of our favorite things to do!

    ReplyDelete